The book review is written according to the following plan:
- Introduction (an author, a title, a setting, a plot in short)
- The main part (the plot in details, main characters)
- Conclusion (opinion about the book, reservations, recomendations)
Useful Words for a Book Review:
- … hold the attention right up to the final page.
- The contrast between ….be done most skillfully
- The only reservation of the book…
- It is difficult to put the book down…
- I highly recommend the book to …
A Review on the Book «The Secret History» by Donna Tratt
The Secret History is a powerful novel written by the American writer Donna Tartt. The story is set in New England and shows the life of students in some prestigious college. It is told by the fellow Richard Popen, who recently moved to the area from Calofornia. He happened to be aware of a terrible secret, which changed his life forever.
The Secret History is rich and detailed in plot and provide many layers for the reader to explore. The intricately constructed murder will hold your attention right up to the final page. The book is moving at times and amusing at others. The background of the book contains references to Ancient Greece, which you are sure to enjoy if you are interested in history.
As for the characters, Donna Tratt has managed to create different personalities from indulgent parents to light-hearted hippies. She is very convincing and depicted her characters very true to life. The contrast between the sophisticated ideas of the elite group of students and their contemporaries is done most skilfully.
In conclusion, I would like to note that the only reservation of the book is its length. It has more over 500 pages, so it is rather long. However, it’s difficult to put the book down. I highly recommend The Secret History to everyone as the greatest achievement of this young novelist.