1. Изучите список английских слов и посмотрите эпизод 3 —> Episode 3
2. After the death of Sir Charles some people became rich. Answer the question. How much money did they get?
3. Ответьте на вопросы:
Scene 1. There is a Convict
Dr. Watson: There is a convict <…>.
Sherlock Holmes: Not an ordinary convict. This man would stick at nothing.
Sir Henry: Why was he not hanged?
Sherlock Holmes: Because at the time of the crime he was 16 years old.
* * *
Scene 2. Who is the Man with a Black Beard?
Sherlock Holmes: Is there among your neighbours in Dartmoor any man with a black beard?
Dr. Mortimer: Yes, Sir Charles`s butler, the Barrymore.
* * *
Scene 3. The Money is Involved
Dr. Mortimer: I also had money left to me.
Sherlock Holmes:How much money?
Dr. Mortimer: Five thousand pounds.
Sherlock Holmes: And anyone else?
Dr. Mortimer: You know the residue all went to sir Henry.
Sherlock Holmes: And how much was the residue?
Dr. Mortimer: <….> a million pounds
Sherlock Holmes: Indeed! I had no idea such a sum was involved!
3. Сделайте упражнения к эпизоду:
Exercise 1. Fill in the essential words into the gaps. Вставьте слова, которые Вы услышали в текст с пропусками:
— We have to _______, Sir Henry, whether you should go to Baskerville Hall or not.
— There is no _____……that can prevent me from going to the land of my own people.
— Good for you. When would you go? -_____________
— You will not go ___________. — Dr. Mortimer would go with me.
— The doctor Mortimer is a __________ man and his ___________is miles from yours. No, Sir Henry.
— Report the ________ to me. Anything. Anything.Проверьте себя ——> здесь
Exercise 2. Answer the questions.
1) Who will go to Baskerville Hall with Sir Henry?
2) What did Sherlock Holmes told Sir Henry before his leaving?
3) What is Princetown?
4) Why did the cabman attack Sherlock Holmes?
5) Who was a man with a black beard according to the cabman’s words?
6) Who were the people in the photo?