Answers to Chapter 9
4. The questions of Hercule Poirot:
- Who inherits this beautiful house (Fernly Park)? (to Dr. Sheppard)
- When did you last see Mr Ackroyd alive? (to Major Blunt)
- Did you see or hear Roger Ackroyd after that time? (to Major Blunt)
- What time did you walk about the terrace? (to Major Blunt)
- Can you remember anything that Ackroyd was talking about? (to Major Blunt)
- Did you move the big armchair? (to Major Blunt)
5. Send your conclusion to email@example.com
6. Possible answers to the questions:
- They are Hercule Poirot and Dr. James Sheppard.
- According to the plot Hercule Poirot and Dr. James Sheppard found a wedding ring near the pond and in the picture one man is showing the other the ring. Besides, one of them has moustaches and the other a beard. So, they look like the people in question.
- They are propably talking about the ring and the reason why it has been thrown into the pond.
* * *