Agatha Christie. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (продолжение)
В этой главе вы узнаете о секрете мистера Раймонда и о маленьком эксперименте, который провел Пуаро.
Chapter 15. Geoffrey Raymond
Words to revise and remember:
- to please — try to remember!
- be pleased — try to remember!
- by the way — try to remember!
- be sure — try to remember!
- to assure — уверять
- to confess — признать
- to make a confession — сделать признание
- be in debt [det]- быть в долгу
- get a legacy — получить наследство (legacy = money)
- pay the debt [det]- уплатить долг
- to satisfy — удовлетворять (= to please)
- be satisfied with — быть довольным (удовлетворенным) = be pleased with
- make an experiment — провести эксперимент
- That’s a pity! — try to remember!
- Look here,… — try to remember!
* * *
Задания к главе 15
- confession — try to remember a word combination with this word
- experiment — try to remember a word combination with this word
- debt — try to remember a word combination with this word
Verbs & phrases:
- to assure — I can assure you that…
- to satisfy — Are you satisfied that… ?
2. If you were a detective, would you find important the information that Mr. Raymond was hiding from Poirot?
3. Do you remember…
4. Make an experiment with Poirot.
5. Answer the questions:
- What kind of experiment did Poirot make?
- Where were the people standing and what were they doing?