Agatha Christie. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (продолжение)
В этой главе Вы узнаете, что незнакомец по фамилии Кент действительно был в тот вечер в Фенли парк и, что после разговора с ним, Пуаро уже разгадал тайну убийства Роджера Экройда. Однако пока он держит свои подозрения при себе!
Chapter 17. Charles Kent
Words to learn for Chapter 17:
- a fellow — парень
- a prisoner — try to guess! (a prison — тюрьма)
- the same man — тот же человек
- the same height — тот же рост
- to recognize — признать
- to recognize the voice — узнать голос
- on my own business — по своему личному делу
- look satisfied (pleased) — выглядеть довольным
- to lie — лгать
- have to explain — придется объяснить
- solve the mistery — разгадать тайну
Под словом weight [weit] — обычно подразумевается, что человек fat — толстый или thin — худой.
- How do you know? — try to remember!
- It is not your business. — Это не ваше дело.
- Never mind. — Не обращайте внимания.
* * *
Задания к главе 17
- the same
- satisfied (pleased)
- look satisfied (pleased)
- have to explain
2. Describe the young fellow. What did he look like?
3. Look at the picture. Which of the people is Poirot and which is Dr. Sheppard? How did you tell (различить) them?
4. It is important, pay attention. If you read attentively, you paid attention to the words:
I know now that he had solved the mystery of the murder but at that moment I didn’t know it.
5. Answer the questions:
- Did Dr. Sheppard recognize the fellow at first? Why did Dr. Sheppard think that it was the same man he had met at the gate?
- Did the young man understand what he was accused of ( to accuse of — обвинять в чем-то)?
- What is the clue that proved that he was at Fernly Park that night?
- The time of the murder was between a quarter to 10 and 10 o’ clock, wasn’t it?
- Did Charles Kent have an alibi? What alibi is it?
- During the questioning Charles Kent got very angry and he didn’t say why he had come to Fernly Park that night. What do you think why?
- Poirot say that he came to Fernly because he was born in Kent. His surname is Kent. One more strange coincidence, do not you think so? What is your little idea about it?