Джек Лондон. Рассказы этого писателя не нуждаются в рекламе. Джек Лондон — самый любимый в России американский автор. Рассказы Джека Лондона на английском языке, которые вы найдете ниже, я с трудом смогла отобрать среди огромного множества его произведений. Джек Лондон написал более 200 рассказов. И все рассказы интересные. Итак, Вашему вниманию предлагаем читать и слушать лучшие рассказы, которые размещены на английских и американских официальных сайтах и озвучены профессиональными дикторами. Рассказы делятся по уровню сложности. Изучайте английский с Джеком Лондоном!
- Рассказы Джека Лондон (уровень легкий, for beginners)
- Рассказы Джека Лондон (уровень средний, for intermediate)
- Рассказы Джека Лондон (уровень продвинутый, for advanced)
* * *
Джек Лондон. Рассказы на английском языке
I. Уровень pre-intermediate (читать, слушать, текст адаптирован)
1. Jack London. To build a Fire ( in English, adapted, level pre-intermediate)
The man walked down the trail on a cold, gray day. Pure white snow and ice covered the Earth for as far as he could see. This was his first winter in Alaska. He was wearing heavy clothes and fur boots. But he still felt cold and uncomfortable.
The man was on his way to a camp near Henderson Creek (ручей Гендерсона). His friends were already there. He expected to reach Henderson Creek by six o’clock that evening. It would be dark by then. His friends would have a fire and hot food ready for him.
* * *
2. The Story of Keesh (in English, adapted, level pre-intermediate)
Keesh lived at the edge of the polar sea. He had seen thirteen suns in the Eskimo way of keeping time. Among the Eskimos, the sun each winter leaves the land in darkness. And the next year, a new sun returns, so it might be warm again.
The father of Keesh had been a brave man. But he had died hunting for food. Keesh was his only son. Keesh lived along with his mother, Ikeega.
One night, the village council met in the big igloo of Klosh-kwan, the chief. Keesh was there with the others. He listened, then waited for silence.
* * *
3. The Law of Life (in English, adapted, level pre-intermediate)
The old Indian was sitting in the snow. It was Koskoosh, former chief of his tribe. Now, all he could do was sit and listen to the others. His eyes were old. He could not see, but his ears were wide open to every sound.
“Aha.” That was the sound of his daughter, Sit-cum-to-ha. She was beating the dogs, trying to make them stand in front of the snow sleds. He was forgotten by her, and by the others, too. They had to look for new hunting grounds. The long, snowy ride waited. The days of the northlands were growing short. The tribe could not wait for death. Koskoosh was dying.
* * *
4. The Apostate (in English, adapted, level pre-intermediate)
«If you don’t get up, Johnny, I won’t give you to eat!»
The boy didn’t move and his mother shook him by the shoulder. She was a sad tired woman, and every morning she came and tried to pull the bed-clothes off the boy but he held them tight.
«Leave me alone!» he protested. But she continued waking him up. When he felt the cold of the room, his eyes opened. And he gave up.
«All right,» he said.
She took the lamp and left him in darkness. He did not mind the darkness. He put on his clothes and went out into the kitchen, pulled a chair to the table and sat down.
* * *
5. The God of His Fathers (in English, adapted, level pre-intermediate)
* * *
II. Уровень «intermediate» (читать, слушать, текст адаптирован)
- The Leopard Man’s Story (in English, for intermediate level)
- The Apostate (in English, for intermediate) SOON
* * *
III. Уровень «advanced» (читать на английском в оригинале с переводом)
- Jack London. To Build a Fire by Jack London (read and listen online)
- Jack London. The Love of Life (read online)
- Jack London. The Lost Face (read online)
- Jack London. The Golden Poppy (read online)
- Jack London. The Apostate (read online)
- Jack London. The Leopard Man’s Story (read online)
- Jack London. Martin Eden (a book in the original)