The Happy Prince (cartoon in English, part 2)
«I don’t think I like boys,» answered the Swallow. «Last summer, when I was staying on the river, there were two rude boys, the miller’s sons, who were always throwing stones at me. They never hit me, of course; we swallows fly far too well for that, and besides, I come of a family famous for its agility; but still, it was a mark of disrespect.»
But the Happy Prince looked so sad that the little Swallow was sorry. «It is very cold here,» he said; «but I will stay with you for one night, and be your messenger.»
<…> So the Swallow picked out the great ruby from the Prince’s sword, and flew away with it in his beak over the roofs of the town.
Answer the questions:
1. What does the Happy Prince ask the swallow? Why?
2. Why does the Happy Prince want to help the young man?
3. Why does the Happy Prince want to help the girl?
4. Does the swallow want to fly away to Egypt?
5. Why does he decide to stay with the prince?
6. What does he tell the Happy Prince?
7. What does the Happy Prince finally decide?
The Happy Prince (мультфильм на английском языке, часть 2)
The words that might help you to answer the questions:
- so that he could (чтобы он мог)
- get well
- finish the play
- cold and hungry
- rare sapphires
- pluck out
- give away
- let her matches fall in the gutter
- spoil the matches
- go away
- strange lands
- covered with fine gold
- leaf by leaf