Answers to Chapter 9
- шкура, кожа
- ясный, понятный
- неясный, непонятный
- несмотря на
- Мне пора…
- Все равно.
- Я полагаю…
2. The example of a dialogue (Send your dialogue to email@example.com)
- I am used to this sort of life.
- What sort of life are you used to?
- I am used to getting up early in the morning and going for walk with my dog in the fields.
- Where do you live, I wonder?
- In the country.
3. Possible answers:
- I find it strange because Flora is Ralph’s fiancée.
- I find it strange and now I think that FLora didn’t love her husband./ I don’t find it strange because Flora came to live with her uncle only two years ago. Until then she never had seen him. Besides, he left Flora 20 thousand pounds.
- If I were Flora I would feel happy because I think that only parents and close relatives are the most dearest people to everybody.[/paid_content]
4. The questions of Hercule Poirot:
- Who inherits this beautiful house (Fernly Park)? (to Dr. Sheppard)
- When did you last see Mr Ackroyd alive? (to Major Blunt)
- Did you see or hear Roger Ackroyd after that time? (to Major Blunt)
- What time did you walk about the terrace? (to Major Blunt)
- Can you remember anything that Ackroyd was talking about? (to Major Blunt)
- Did you move the big armchair? (to Major Blunt)
5. Send your conclusion to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Possible answers to the questions:
- They are Hercule Poirot and Dr. James Sheppard.
- According to the plot Hercule Poirot and Dr. James Sheppard found a wedding ring near the pond and in the picture one man is showing the other the ring. Besides, one of them has moustaches and the other has a beard. So, they look like the people in question.
- They are propably talking about the ring and the reason why it has been thrown into the pond.
* * *