Answers to Chapter 17
- такой же
- узнать в лицо (признать)
- выглядеть довольным
- придеться объяснить
2. The description of Charles Kent.
He was a young fellow, not more than twenty-two or twenty-three. He was tall and thin, and his hands shook a little. He had dark hair and blue eyes.
3. Appearence. It is very easy to tell Mr. Poirot form Dr. Sheppard. Mr. Poirot has dark hair and moustaches. Dr. Sheppard has fair hair and a beard.
4. Перевод слов доктора Шеппарда: «Теперь я знаю, что он раскрыл загадку убийства на тот момент, но в тот момент я этого не знал.»
5. Possible answers to the questions:
- At first Dr. Sheppard didn’t recognize the fellow because when he saw him it was very dark. But when Charles Kent began to speak, he recognized his voice.
- No, the young man did know what he was accused of.
- It was the goose quill.
- Yes, it was. Because Flora saw her uncle at a quarter to 10.
- Yes, he did. He was at the bar The Dog and Whistle at a quarter to 10. He was seen by many people.
- He may be angry because he didn’t want anybody to know his secret.
- Yes, I find it strange. But I don’t have any ideas about it.
CONTINUE READING THE BOOK — Chapter 18
* * *