Answers to Chapter 16
- долг, обязанность
- опрашивать, задавать вопросы
2. Вы можете познакомиться с данным разделом — Словообразование в английском языке.
3. Possible answers to the questions:
1. To tell the truth, I wasn’t surprised very much because I thought that Parker could have blackmailed Roger Ackroyd.
2. It appeared that he had blackmailed his former master Major Ellerby.
3. I believe Parker because he was sure that Roger Ackroyd himself had been blackmailed but not Mrs. Ferrars. As I know it was Mrs. Ferrars who was blackmailed.
4. Who was blackmailed? — Both Mrs.Ferrars and Mr.Roger Ackroyd were blackmailed.
5. A Strange Coincidence.
1. According to Dr. Sheppard words, he doesn’t beleive that such a well-known man could be a blackmailer. That’s why he says: «That’s impossible»
2. As for me, I find this coincidence really strange, but I also think the same. I agree with Dr. Sheppard.
* * *